Thursday 2 February 2012

After 17 years I FINALLY GOT ONE

A tattoo that is.(Not an engagement ring lol)
I've known exactly what i wanted and where i wanted it.
I've loved Egyptian mythology ever since my brother and sister went to Egypt many, many years ago.
John's not the keen on tattoos so I'd not bothered about it, but on Christmas Day his prezzie to me was him paying for my tattoo. So here it is.

I was very nervous, but a girlfriend (who wants a second tattoo) came with me. We were just there to price my one up and to see if i could book in for it and he said it would be $70 for just the solid black eye of Horus but because i wanted the eye to look human it was $80. At some points of the design it tickled abit, but i watched him the whole time. I found it absolutely fascinating. And no it didn't hurt as much as what people say it will.Took about 40 mins. I've been told that once you get your first, it won't be long before you get a second one.Lol, yes that is what everyone at work said last night.
And yes there will be a second one, but that is only because my mum died on Boxing day and my sister and i are getting an orchid ( mum's fav. flower) on our upper left arm ( all us girls in the family are lefties and my dad and brother are righties, so thats why both tats will be on my left side). My sister told me i had to get the eye of Horus first as i have wanted it for so long.The Eye of Horus is an ancient Egyptian symbol of protection, royal power and good health. It protects from evil.
This next bit was googled a wee while ago...The Wadjet (or Ujat, meaning "Whole One") is a powerful symbol of protection in ancient Egypt also known as the "Eye of Horus" and the "all seeing eye". The symbol was frequently used to ensure the safety and health of the bearer and provide wisdom and prosperity.

No comments:

Post a Comment